Friday, 19 October 2012
Dwarfs!? spent months sitting in the Top 10 on Steam's "Indie" category after launch, having spent the first week as Number 1 and recieved praise for being "good value". Now it is even better value - free.
The free version of Dwarfs!? includes a Tutorial Mode which is voiced by Simon from Yogscast (below), a Arcade Mode with two difficulty levels, a Challenge Mode, Leaderboards and Achievements and of course zombies.
For those that want to expand the game (i bet you were wondering how it would make any money, weren't you?), there will be a number of available expansion packs that you can buy as DLC including:
- Difficulty pack: adds two more difficulty levels to the core Arcade mode.
- Endless mode pack: where you can keep mining forever, and ever, and ever…
- Base defend pack: like Tower Defense, but you have a Base, not a Tower; and the tunnels aren't laid out for you - your Dwarfs dig them
- Skirmish pack: adds 3 more modes - Rush Mode, where the Dwarf spawning knows no bounds; Dark Mode, where the whole cave is, well, dark, making exploring more exciting (and dangerous) and Sandbox Mode, where you can basically do everything you ever dreamed of (so long as you dream of dwarves)
- Summer Carnival pack: the extra mode added for the Summer event - lots of goblins to throw axes at; you don't get to throw the dwarves - you need to use the Dwarf Cannon in Arcade Mode for that!