Tuesday, 8 January 2013
Available via a free update, Second Wave introduces 16 game-altering options that allow players to customize their play experience after completing the main campaign (the last four options below are unlocked only when the game is completed on Impossible difficulty):
- Damage Roulette: Weapons have a wider range of damage.
- New Economy: Randomized council member funding.
- Not Created Equally: Rookies will have random starting stats.
- Hidden Potential: As a soldier is promoted, stats increase randomly.
- Red Fog: Combat wounds will degrade the soldier's mission stats.
- Absolutely Critical: A flanking shot guarantees a critical hit.
- The Greater Good: Psionics can only be learned from interrogating a psionic alien.
- Marathon: The game takes considerably longer to complete.
- Results Driven: A country offers less funding as its panic level increases.
- High Stakes: Random rewards for stopping alien abductions.
- Diminishing Returns: Increased cost of satellite construction.
- More Than Human: The psionic gift is extremely rare.
- War Weariness: Funding goes down over time.
- E-115: Elerium degrades over time.
- Total Loss: Lose all soldier gear upon death.
- Alternate Sources: The power source cost to build facilities increases dramatically.
- Gran Turismo 6
- Ryse: Son of Rome
- Forza Motorsport 5
- Super Mario 3D World
- Dead Rising 3
- Need For Speed Rivals
- Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
- Killzone Shadow Fall
- Deadfall Adventures
- Ratchet & Clank: Into The Nexus
- XCOM Enemy Within
- Call of Duty Ghosts
- Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games
- Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag
- Battlefield 4
- Batman Arkham Origins